Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

G-Free Banana Loaf - take 2

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a "G-free Flop". Well, I flopped in my transcription of the recipe. I messed up on the flour portion. I realized my mistake this evening after making a delicious batch of banana loaf. (I had to use up a bunch of browning bananas, and the fruit flies were becoming annoying.) Please ignore the recipe in my previous posting and use this one instead. It is free of dairy and wheat.
It yields 2 loaves or about 24 muffins.

Banana Loaf 

3/4 cup sugar  or 1/2 c agave

3 Tbsp vegetable or grape seed oil
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
4 large mashed bananas - the browner the better because you can reduce the sugar
1/4 cup sorghum flour 
1/2 cup white rice flour
1 1/4 cup brown rice flour.
optional: chocolate chips/ sunflower seeds/ shredded coconut sprinkled on top before baking

Pre-heat over to 350 degrees. Combine the sorghum, white rice and brown rice flours in a small bowl and set aside.  Mix together all other ingredients. Let the gluten-free batter sit for 10 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. For muffins, reduce baking time to about 15 minutes. 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment