Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Quick Trip Down East

Now I know why people love Halifax. I had the good fortunate to spend a few days there last week.
Tranquil time away, mostly for business. I managed to squeeze in a few hours to reconnect with a high school classmate.

The last time Cathy and I saw each other, our eldest children were in diapers. Now they are preparing for junior high school. Cathy and I laughed over our own high school shenanigans. We shared our dreams for our children.

Our reunion in Halifax showed us that friendship knows neither time nor distance.

Peggy's Cove

For a few glorious days, I didn't need to feed anyone but myself. Food tastes so much better when it's prepared, presented and cleared away by someone else.

A warm salad of squid and assorted seafood 

Cathy took me to a restaurant whose motto is "delishes fishes dishes." They should add "ginormous." McKelvie's serves up a monstrous Crunchy Haddock. I think the crunch comes from seasoned corn flakes.
Cornflakes give crunch to haddock.   
The following evening, I devoured half a cow at The Cut, an upscale steak house whose staff is as  sleek and sexy as the decor.
The giant shrimp dwarf the 6-ounce dry-aged filet mignon. 
The food made my palate happy. The landscape took my breath away.

Sunrise over Halifax Harbour

Peggy's Cove
I had a few hours to kill before my flight back home. Cathy took me down the coast to Peggy's Cove.

The crisp Atlantic air and our warm reunion did me a load of good.

Halifax, I'll be back.   



  


No comments:

Post a Comment