Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Frozen Mocha Buzz

I love it when friends play around with my recipes and come up with their own variations.

My food-loving friend, Roberta has been toying with this chocolate sorbet recipe. She tells me that anything frozen is a welcome treat with the current Oklahoma heat.

Roberta uses vanilla almond milk in place of water. Instead of hauling out her ice cream maker, she uses low-tech popsicle molds. She was so excited for me to try out her method that she sent me a special package with these popsicle molds.

My first attempt resulted in chocolate sandpaper. I was too lazy to properly dissolve all the ingredients. The undissolved cinnamon and cocoa made for an unpleasant, gritty lump.

Here's another note of caution, if you're planning to serve the treats to children, be prepared for a serious buzz. Just ask my jittery kids.
My enthusiastic boys before the Frozen Mocha Buzz kicked in. 


Frozen Mocha Buzz
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup espresso
2 cups almond or coconut milk
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon


Pour everything into a heavy sauce pan.
Stir over low to medium heat until all ingredients are well dissolved. 
When the liquid is cool, pour into popsicle molds.
Let freeze for at least five hours.
To enjoy your popsicle, run the frozen mold under hot tap water and gently wiggle out the treat. 
  
If you prefer a hot drink, this recipe also makes a delicious Hot Mocha Buzz. 












2 comments:

  1. I am sitting here eating a fabulous piece of banana cocoa swirl bread ala Anna, and thinking I MUST make fudgesicles for this weekend! I am particularly looking forward to the buzz factor.

    So Ben and Jerry's hasn't contacted you about acquiring your new sandpaper flavor recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No word yet from Ben and Jerry's. Maybe when I perfect the Sandpaper, I'll send them a sample;)

      Delete