Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Raw Chocolate Bliss

Craving chocolate? I found an easy, healthful substitute to a decandent chocolate truffle.

I sampled this wonderfully scrumptious dessert today, at a yoga studio of all places. If it comes from a yoga place, it's gotta be good for you, right? When I asked the yogi for the recipe, she told me that it was easier than doing the Downward Facing Dog.
Fresh dates + almonds + cocoa = Raw Chocolate Bliss
Two parts dates, two parts nuts, one part cocoa. Whiz all three ingredients in a food processor.  Presto: Raw Chocolate Bliss.
 
When I got home, I had to try it for myself. I used 1/4 cup of dates, 1/4 cup of slivered almonds and 1/8 cup of cocoa powder. I refrigerated the mixture for about ten minutes and then formed little balls with a teaspoon and my fingers.


I made eight quarter-sized balls. I took this quick picture before my little vultures dove in and cleared the plate and all surrounding crumbs.  


These tiny morsels are super filling. They're packed with fibre, anti-oxidants and a host of vitamins and nutrients.

Best of all, they leave you feeling good and satisfied, without having to do the Downward Facing Dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment